[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

Mark Boyum mark at boyum.us
Wed Oct 6 01:45:22 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 7:36 PM, mike at grounded.net <mike at grounded.net> wrote:
>>> If the card is installed in a mobo with integrated graphics, the BIOS
>>> should be set to "AGP first", "PCI first" or the
>>> equivalent, else it will output to the on-board VGA connector.
>
> Yes, it is in a motherboard that has onboard video. I believe the BIOS is set to AGP first.

I have had a number of older GeForce cards that did not display
anything on TV out until X loaded.  The BIOS and console output simply
did not display, even when the TV was the only device attached.  I
wouldn't rule the card as bad until you have attempted to load the
nvidia drivers and used nvidia-settings to turn on the TV-out.

Here is the Device section of my xorg.conf file.  This is for a much
newer card than yours but is essentially the same as I used with my
GeForce 4MX.

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    BoardName      "GeForce 7950 GT"
    Option          "UseDisplayDevice"      "TV"
#    Option          "ConnectedMonitor"      "TV"
    Option          "UseEvents"     "True"
    Option	    "NoLogo"	"True"
EndSection

I think that my older cards couldn't detect the TV connection on their
own and I had the "ConnectedMonitor" option uncommented.

Hope this helps,
-Mark