[mythtv-users] Is this system just too old?

Justin Bracken scourched at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 01:49:20 UTC 2010

Hello all,

Here are the specifications on my computer. This is a frontend only
computer. Some of the playback seems problematic. Is this system too old/too
slow for HD playback?

processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 1
model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.60GHz
stepping : 2
cpu MHz : 1603.625
cache size : 256 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36
clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm up pebs bts
bogomips : 3207.25
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 128
power management:

MemTotal:        1026384 kB

It meets the miniumum specifications found here:
http://www.mythbuntu.org/requirements

What should I tweak? I have no tuner card in this machine so its all cpu
power for playback.

Thanks for any help you can provide!