[mythtv-users] Playback from beginning or Bookmark

Jason Chambers lists at purplish-monkey.com
Thu Oct 7 23:36:26 UTC 2010

On 08/10/2010 00:09, MacNean Tyrrell wrote:
> I'm sorry let me clarify after reading this.
>
> Watch Recordings Menu:
> Click Ok, jumps right to bookmark, used to ask (have young kids with cat
> in hat or curious george, would like it to start at beginning).

For recordings with a bookmark set there should be an extra option at
the top of the menu (M key).  This reads "Play from ..." and has two sub

> Watch Video's Menu:
> Click OK, starts at beginning not bookmark, used to ask.

If the bookmark *is not* being set when you exit, then look at the
setting "Action on playback exit" setting under "TV Settings->Playback
(2/8)".

If the bookmark *is* set but playback still starts at the beginning then
I don't know if there is an option that controls it or if something is
awry on your system. I cannot remember changing anything on my system or
even ever seeing any likely candidate but I get prompted just fine.

Unless you never relied on the "Action on playback exit" setting in the
first place and always used manually created bookmarks instead.  In this
case then maybe its the "Clear bookmark on playback" option (same
settings menu, but on page 1/8).  If set this would erase any existing
bookmark you manually set the next time you play it back.

Hope this helps,

--
Regards,
Jason