[mythtv-users] Will a 0.23.1 frontend be compatible with 0.23-fixes backends?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 02:35:16 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Mark Boyum <mark at boyum.us> wrote:

> > Not sure how that happened. I just checked my slave backend and it's
> running
> > the same version. My myth install generally goes  like this:
> >
> > Install Ubuntu
> > Install mythbuntu-control-centre
> > Configure roles in mythbuntu-control-centre
> >
> > Both boxes report Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS \n \l in /etc/issue and my
> > /etc/apt/sources.list doesn't contain anything whacky that I can see:
> >
> <--Snip-->
>
> > So how the heck did I fork?
> >

> If I remember correctly, Ubuntu 10.04 was released shortly before the
> 0.23 release.  So it would make sense if you are using the version of
> Myth in the 10.04 repos.
> -Mark

Ok, I'm thoroughly confused.I suppose I could be ok that it's running older
libraries or something since, as you said, 10.04 was out before 0.23, but
why the heck would the version show up as 0.23 if it's not a true 0.23? To
take this a step further, are you saying that when I upgrade my systems to
10.10, it will bring Myth to 0.23.1, but when 0.24 comes out I'll remain at
0.23.1 but the version number listed in my logs will change to 0.24?

I think my brain just exploded.