[mythtv-users] How to verify deleted episode will re-record (if ever re-run)?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 17:04:16 UTC 2010

I'm running Mythbuntu 10.04, ATM, and I deleted an episode after
watching it last night.  This morning I realized there was a reason I
wanted to keep it, so I wanted to flag it to re-record, if the network
ever rebroadcasts it.  Iffy since it was originally broadcast last
June, but miracles do happen ;-).

FWIW, the following actions were on my BE (has a keyboard attached)
using the Terra (widescreen) theme:
I got into mythfrontend, found an episode still recorded for the
series, drilled down to the previously scheduled episodes for the
series and found the one I erroneously deleted.  When I hit the
spacebar, I got a pop-up dialog with four buttons, and I _think_ the
top left one did what I want, but unfortunately, the text is truncated
so only "Allow this episode t..." is shown.  Having activated that
button and then re-accessed the pop-up I now get "Never record this
e..." as the text for this button.

A crude query into the recorded table shows only one record with the
series name and it has the desired episode title in the subtitle field
(use mythconverg; SELECT title, subtitle, description FROM recorded
WHERE title LIKE '%lie%';).

I haven't found any way to check for this episode using MythWeb or
mythfrontend and that indicates something like "Will re-record", so
I'm not sure I have accomplished what I set out to do.

Have I?

Any suggestions on a better way to do this next time (before/after the
next MythTV upgrade)?

TIA,

Craig.