[mythtv-users] HDHR 0-byte recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Oct 9 17:50:07 UTC 2010

  On 10/09/2010 01:34 PM, James Orr wrote:
> As of last night any scheduled recordings on my HDHR are 0-byte and I
> get these messages in the log ...
>
> 2010-10-09 13:26:57.927 ProgramInfo(4081_20101009131200.mpg), Error:
> GetPlaybackURL: '4081_20101009131200.mpg' should be local, but it can
> not be found.
>
> Searching the archive suggests I need to rescan channels, however
> everything works fine on Live TV, it's only scheduled recordings that
> are not working.  Surely if the channel numbers had changed it
> wouldn't work on live either?

Tuning is generally done differently in Live TV and recordings.  The
approach used in Live TV is typically less reliable, but can be faster
and, since someone is watching Live TV, it's not a big deal if it fails
(they'll notice and fix it).  The approach used for tuning recordings,
however, is more reliable--but requires valid channel information.  In
some circumstances, the shortcut used for Live TV tuning can continue to
work for a while after channel changes.

It's definitely worth a try--you've got nothing to lose but a bit of
your time.

Back up the database: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore
Delete all video sources:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034
Then re-create video sources, input connections, then rescan.

If it gets worse, just restore the backup.

Mike