[mythtv-users] gt220 and 0.24

Justin Johnson justin.johnson3 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 04:59:17 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 11 October 2010 12:05, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Unfortunately, the TV I am using to test .24 on is just that - a TV..
>> No digital (other than pcm) involved..  I have tried with and without
>> pcm checked in the new audio screen.  Same results.
Something I've done in the past with my PCM-only TV (though I'm not
currently using it) was to write an .asoundrc to filter the audio
through a fastlookaheadlimiter and dysoncompressor (I might be
mis-remembering the actual names, but the point is use a limiter and
compressor) to even out the sound. It worked very well in my opinion,
but every once in a while the audio would drop for a few frames. I
didn't really want to get into the nuts and bolts of the filters so I
just ignored it, now my channels are all different levels. From what I
understand, there's nothing really to be done on the digital channels,
so I just grin and bear it.
--Justin