[mythtv-users] hauppauge hd pvr, product id 0x4903

William Cahill thuhfreak at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 06:29:20 UTC 2010

Cecil:
Yeah, that's what I added to those files.  With that, hdpvr sees the
hdwr, but it doesn't read the stream any good.

Kevin:
I have the wires plugged into the component inputs, on the back, and
rca audio; and set both the params to those.  i put up the debug level
too.

i tried letting it power down and settle, then reconnecting it up.
that didn't seem to help.

when i try to cat /dev/video0, I get this in dmesg

hdpvr 1-1:1.0: get video info returned: 5, 00 00 00 00 00
hdpvr 1-1:1.0: no video signal at input 0
hdpvr 1-1:1.0: start_streaming failed

looking at hdpvr-control.c, it looks like it checked the
width/height/fps and found 0s, so it bails.  i haven't found anything
much deeper than that though.