[mythtv-users] N220GT nVidia Drivers

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Tue Oct 12 15:45:05 UTC 2010

  Op 12-10-2010 17:24, mike at grounded.net schreef:
>>   Been reading quite a few of your threads with non-working nvidia installs...
>>   Do you still use scan-converters or whatever connected to the machine
>>   you're installing? I might very well be that they don't respond
>>   correctly to the probe, then the driver won;t start because there's no
>>   screen that can be configured...
> That's a very good call and yes, I am aware of that.
>
>>   I've done several installs with Nvidia-cards and prefer them to be
>>   connected to the TV-set when installing because it helps making things
>>   just work, with HDMI I can install anywhere as that just seems to work
>>   always and only audio presents a problem sometimes.
> That's interesting. I do the install with a monitor connected and only connected the scan converter when I was checking to make sure that would work out. Since then, I've not had myth running yet so haven't had the opportunity to see it in action.
>
> It's very weird that I'm having all of these problems, yet have been following along with all of the advise being offered as well.

No possibility to connect the htpc directly to a TV? The only converter
I've ever seen was used to put an extra channel on coax and could only
be configured with dipswitches, for that the, then windows, software
needed to be tricked into thinking a normal TV was connected, it
wouldn't auto-detect for some reason.
I'm betting yours is the same...

I ussually troubleshoot by taking things out of the equation, especially
with more exotic stuff like the converter...

Good luck,

Jos