[mythtv-users] Fwd: Video encoding and ffmpeg

Justin Bracken scourched at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 16:30:44 UTC 2010

I would include the error if I could remember what exactly it was. I
can copy and paste it tonight. However I remember it being vague and
something about a rate being wrong but nothing really to clue me into
the audio codec being the issue. I just found out that changing that
made it happy by trial and error.  I'm not partial to mp3 except my
research showed that the daemeon was using this by default because of
a bug with libfaac. However libfaac now has the error with sample
rate. Perhaps this was the bug they wanted to avoid?
I believe audio bitrate would cause a sync problem since the sample
rate control the max frequencies and bitrate controls how many bits
per sample are used. So it would cause a cumulative error since the
data is not being used up at the rate intended.

Thanks for the help so far!