[mythtv-users] Keypress to jump to particular recording group

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 19:23:08 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Dan Wilga <
mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:

> On 10/12/10 9:37 AM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 1:58 PM, Dan Wilga <
>> mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu <mailto:
>> mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu>> wrote:
>>
>>    I'd like to be able to have single remote control keypresses
>>    defined that will jump between various recording groups (like the
>>    one my wife and I watch from, as opposed to the kids'). I've
>>    looked at the available commands on port 6546 and can't find
>>    anything applicable. Has anyone come up with a way to do this?
>>

>> No, but you can define menu items on your screen that will jump directly
>> to a recording group.  From there it's pretty easy to script a series of
>> commands to jump to the main menu, walk into Watch Recordings and down to
>> the correct menu item and enter.  Only has to be changed if you change the
>> layout of the menu items.  Here's the changeset that added it with some
>> examples:
>>
>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/16559
>>

> Very cool, thanks. Any thoughts on how best to incorporate local changes to
> the menus, in such a way that they won't get blown away the next time I
> "make install"?

I believe that most theme files can be placed in ~/.mythtv/themes (in the
appropriate subdirectories) of the user that your mythfrontend runs under
and those will be used in favor of the default files.  You'll have to keep
your local copies up to date if any changes are made to the originals.

Kevin