[mythtv-users] N220GT nVidia Drivers

barbex barbex at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 14:35:23 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 2:59 AM, mike at grounded.net <mike at grounded.net> wrote:
> In the Capture Cards section, I have only two items. The wiki says to use hardware MPEG-2 device but other docs I've seen say to use IVTV. IVTV does say MPEG-2 encoder card, so I can only assume this is right. So, I've got two items in that section now, MPEG:/dev/video0 and MPEG:/dev/video1 both using Tuner1.

The PVR 500 has two tuners so it is correct that they take two
devices. In Mythtv you have to set them up as MPEG-2 encoders. If
that's what you have everything looks fine.
As for tuning I just added the channels by hand according to the list
from my provider but that may be different in the US (assuming that's
where you're located).