[mythtv-users] How MANY backend threads!?!?!? ***** AUTO-REPLY *****

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 21:52:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Steve Smith <st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com> wrote:
> With 0.23 I'm getting much higher CPU usage when recording (avg 30-40%
> on my P3 900Mhz, previously about 10-20% on 0.21).
> This means I can't do "chase play" which I used to be able to do.
>
> I've done a ps -eLf and can see 32 yes 32 backend threads....
>
> Is this normal? Can it be reduced to get the CPU usage down a bit?
>
> Cheers
>
> Steve

*** FOLLOWING MESSAGE HAS BEEN AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED ***

The recipient of this message is not available and/or is out of the
office, but the content of this message has been parsed heuristically
and found to match criteria in our database.

This message serves as a warning not to upgrade your MythTV DVR (tm)
beyond the current release.  Based on the natural language parsing
performed by MythLanguage(tm), your hardware appears to have been
manufactured before the discovery of fire.  System date is currently
10/13/2010.  This is a friendly reminder that modern software cannot
run perpetually on ancient hardware.

Yours,

MythLanguage(tm)