[mythtv-users] Gnome Panel Myth TV status indicator

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Wed Oct 13 22:00:37 UTC 2010

Yet another version.

I have changed the display only panel applet to be a button. When clicked on, it will open the mythfrontend.
I don't like how I did this yet since I had to enter the absolute path to mythfrontend, and could not let the environment
variables determine how to find the executable, but it works. Figuring out how to get it to use the defined search path is a
problem for another day.

I also changed the way the tooltip is generated. Rather than generating the text for the tool tip, it now is generated only when
the mouse is over the applet, and at most once every 10 seconds. I had to enter extra code to make this work as the callback I
used to do this does not function the way it is documented to.