[mythtv-users] Swapping PCI cards kills X

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Thu Oct 14 07:25:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 1:44 AM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 12:40 AM, mike at grounded.net <mike at grounded.net> wrote:
>>> Just for confirmation, could we see the contents of your '/proc/cmdline'?
>>
>> I just tried upping the vmalloc option to 1024 and now the system won't boot. At least I can't get into it from remote so I'll get on this again tomorrow when I can get near the machine to see what happened. If I can reboot it, I'll be happy to post that.

Yeah, if you are on a 32-bit kernel and using the HVR-1600 and you
have an Nvidia card, you will need the vmalloc parameter.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_HVR-1600#Common_Problems

Try:  vmalloc=192M

Note the "M" at the end.  That's important.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com