[mythtv-users] Two tuner sticks unstable together - need help

Sven Bretfeld sven.bretfeld at gmx.ch
Thu Oct 14 16:21:36 UTC 2010

Hi to all

I have two DVB-T USB sticks. Both are working fine with Mythtv
(Mythbuntu 10.10), IF ONLY ONE OF THEM IS PLUGGED!

If I configure both as separate inputs, the setup becomes unstable. There
are three possibilities that can happen without any understandable
logic:

1. Both work fine
2. Only one is recognized by the Frontend (not possible to switch to the
   second source)
3. Both are recognized by the Frontend but only one gets a lock.

I set up Mythbackend today with both sticks. It was working fine for
some hours. After a few reboots (I had some maintenance to do)
possibility 2 happened. I reconfigured Mythbackend, both sticks were
doing well. The frontend recognizes the two sources, but the second one
can't get a lock.

What strange thing happens here?

I would highly appreciate help.

Sven

PS: Both sticks are sucessfully initialized at startup. Here is the
dmesg output:

    a) dvb-usb: AverMedia AVerTV Volar Black HD (A850) successfully
       initialized and connected.

    b) dvb-usb: Hauppauge Nova-T Stick successfully initialized and
       connected.