[mythtv-users] Cheap IR Blaster

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 18:01:16 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> On Oct 14, 2010, at 10:41 AM, Tom Lichti wrote:

> >> I only know it says:
> >>
> >> "Compatible with Microsoft XP Media Center Edition Software".
> >>
> >> This *might* imply it is the same as the MCE stuff, but that might only
> be with some sort of custom driver for Windows.
> >>
> >> If anyone knows more I'm sure we'd all like to hear it.
> >>

> > The question is, does it work with LIRC? If so, then it will work with
> > MythTV. I've found even though something may LOOK identical on the
> > outside, the innards can be different, and incompatible.
>
> I'm about 99% certain that's the original mceusb v1 transceiver with MS
> device ID (I have identical hardware at home), and its fully supported.

Jarod, did you ever get the gen 1 blaster working for 56k IR devices?  I
know around last Christmas you said it was on your list but I don't recall
seeing a message on the lirc list of you fixing it.  I've been known to miss
things from time to time though.

I ended up getting a gen2 blaster ultimately so the issue lost it's urgency
for me.  Now I'm just curious :)

--Jack