[mythtv-users] Gnome Panel Myth TV status indicator

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Fri Oct 15 00:01:06 UTC 2010

On 10/13/2010 03:00 PM, Douglas Peale wrote:
> Yet another version.
>
> I have changed the display only panel applet to be a button. When clicked on, it will open the mythfrontend.
> I don't like how I did this yet since I had to enter the absolute path to mythfrontend, and could not let the environment
> variables determine how to find the executable, but it works. Figuring out how to get it to use the defined search path is a
> problem for another day.
>
> I also changed the way the tooltip is generated. Rather than generating the text for the tool tip, it now is generated only when
> the mouse is over the applet, and at most once every 10 seconds. I had to enter extra code to make this work as the callback I
> used to do this does not function the way it is documented to.

I have fixed the issue with the absolute path. It turns out that there is an alternate version of the function I was calling
that uses the path.

I have noticed another issue though. Since I have changed the display only applet into a button, the right mouse button no
longer brings up the menu. The biggest problem with this is that you can no longer remove the applet from the panel. I will have
to try and figure out how to fix this.