[mythtv-users] Channel scan and import fails

Terjesen Jens Peder Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Fri Oct 15 09:30:08 UTC 2010

Sascha Vogt wrote:

Hi Jens Peder,

yes, the firmware is loaded (as previously said, watching with Kaffeine
works fine, as well as having Kaffeine or "scan" do the channel scan).

Actually I used /usr/share/dvb/dvb-s/Astra-19.2E resp. the following
settings:
freq: 12551500
pol: vertical
symbol rate: 22000000
fec: 5/6

For the rest I left the default settings.

What I still don't get is the issue with loading / importing an existing
channels.conf. Is there any log why it does not find any channels in it?
Maybe it's something trivial like a missing file permission or a missing
directory or sth like that...

Greetings
-Sascha-

Have you configured swithes and LNB(s) correctly in mythtv-setup? It should be defined as a universal LNB I guess.

You might try to use a lowband frequency instead in order to rule out possible problems with the 22 KHz switching.

Jens