[mythtv-users] How MANY backend threads!?!?!? ***** AUTO-REPLY *****

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Fri Oct 15 12:05:39 UTC 2010

On October 14, 2010, aaron wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 14:18, Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net>
wrote:
> > Personally I use YYYY/MM/DD. Big endian makes more sense than the other
> > arbitrary implementations.
>
> That's what I do, too. I was starting to wonder if I was the only one.
> I also understood that this was the ISO format or something.... but
> maybe I'm just insane. Well, I use YYYY-MM-DD, but same difference...
>
> :)
>
> I think I read somewhere that YYYY-MM-DD is an official Canadian
> format, too. Which I am. Canadian, that is.
>
> aaron

Unfortunately what we actually see here in Canada is completely random.  When
you see a date written numerically, the only thing for sure is that the year
is not in the middle.  My local grocery store is rather bad about removing the
expired food from the shelves, so it makes it extra hard to know if the box of
cereal labeled 09-11-10 expired sometime in fall of 09, or will expire next
month, or last month.  Its rather frustrating.

When I rule the world, I will mandate that all dates use 4 digits for the year
and use three letters for the month.  That way there is absolutely no
ambiguity.  (I'm really thinking of best before dates on food.)

Wow, this thread has strayed pretty far in to OT land.  That's what I loved
about unmoderated lists.

Mark