[mythtv-users] Swapping PCI cards kills X

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Sat Oct 16 02:11:02 UTC 2010

>> Sorry, not clear on this.
>>
> Nick's answers were spot on.  Consider this: How would you
> connect your set top box to a TV set? If the answer is: with
> an RG-6 cable, thats how you'd connect it to your HVR-1600.

I have no doubt that it was but it didn't answer my question in terms of the card being able to feed the audio section via system bus.
Some cards need to be cabled but some cards have the audio on the bus so just sends it directly to the sound card. Well, then again, I believe that's how some of the cards I've owned have worked.

> I'm sure you've read this, but review:

Yes I've read that and also found references to this in forums where people were talking about unloading, reloading.

> Once a program is recorded to disk, mythfrontend plays
> it back and send the video to the 220GT you just
> configured and the audio to the sound device you
> selected in your mythfrontend setup.

And as I understand a pvr, everything you watch is always being recorded moments before you're watching it, hence, rewind, forward, record, etc.

I'm missing something then. I've gone through all of those menus and can't find a thing on setting up the audio.
Must be buried in there somewhere then. I'll go look again.