[mythtv-users] How can I run a user job instead of mythtranscode?

D. R. Newman d.r.newman at e-consultation.org
Sun Oct 17 20:26:12 UTC 2010

I actually started with /var/myth/temp/projXtranscode.pl as the program
to call
instead of mythtranscode. When that didn't work, I thought "Maybe the
job queue manager doesn't call a shell, so I have to name the
application, not just rely on #!/usr/bin/perl".

Meanwhile I will take a look at the wrapper.

> Second thoughts: what happens if you drop 'perl' and pass just the
> script address, having set up your system to recognise a perl script?

---
Dave Newman, http://huwy.eu/ http://e-consultation.org/