[mythtv-users] Two tuner sticks unstable together - need help

Sven Bretfeld sven.bretfeld at gmx.ch
Sun Oct 17 21:45:42 UTC 2010

Hi Bill

Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, 2010-10-17 at 09:54 +0200, Sven Bretfeld wrote:
>> You can put it at: http://pastebin.ca/upload.php and post

> I looked over the log you pasted.  A busy 2 seconds, to be sure.
> Assuming that this was still with -v all.

Thank you very much.

> Past posts discussed /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 (and adapter1),
> but the one referenced in the pastbin is /dev/dvb/adapter101/frontend0.
> It looks like work done with udev rules, which is fine, however I'd
> expect the same paths in mythtv-setup.

Yes, I made an udev-rule, following the respective instructions on
mythtv-wiki.

> There appeared to be some EIT activity that was duplicated.  You might
> try shutting EIT scanning off on the cards and channels temporarily.
> Then turn it back on one (if required.)

I will try that and post the result here.

> If the lines starting at 195 continue to repeat at failure time, I'd
> lean toward a database problem.  While I'd hate to drop a database,
> Greg's backup/recreate suggestion seems perfectly reasonable.

I even think reinstalling the system might be less work. I cannot find
an easy Mythtv related howto.

>> Deleting all sources and setting them up freshly from scratch helps, but
>> only for another one or two hours.
>
> If you haven't already, check /var/log/syslog for card related errors.

I took a glance into syslog without recognizing anything remarkable. But
I will try what you suggest below.

Thanks again

Sven