[mythtv-users] How to configure quick tune for one channel

Jay Foster jayf0ster at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 17 22:58:01 UTC 2010

On 10/17/2010 13:41, Jay Foster wrote:
 > > I think there needs to be a way to just tell MythTV to record "this
 > > channel" and it does.

There is such a rule, and it will record on 'this channel name', and it
does.  If your channels have different names, then your recording rule
must be set to 'record on any channel'.

I don't see how this helps.  In order to do this, I must first change
the 'channel name' (not channel number) so channel A and channel B are
different.  The 'channel name' is the call sign.  Once I do that, MythTV
will not record, because the call sign no longer matches the PSIP info
from the broadcaster.  The "this channel" rule applies to the 'channel
name', not the channel number.  This seems like a bug to me.

Choosing 'record on any channel' will not allow me to specify which
channel I want it to record, which is what I need.

Jay