[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 10.10 Upgrade and Pulse Audio?

lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 00:55:07 UTC 2010

Thanks all, I upgraded yesterday and it went pretty smoothly, system
stuck with ALSA and my issues with 5.1 playback for the B5 DVD's are
now solved! yay!

In fact DVD playback seems better than ever.

Overall, I only had one big problem - VDPAU support is broken for some
reason, the packaged nvidia drivers were working ok for OpenGL, but
VDPAU failed - from the install logs there seemed to be some issues
with the VDPAU libs.

In the end I cleaned out the packaged nvidia and did a manual install
of the nvidia blob (260.19.06?). Everything ran fine after that.

--
Lindsay Mathieson
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home/