[mythtv-users] Subtitle then Description duplication check giving surprising results

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Oct 18 10:12:00 UTC 2010

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 15 October 2010 17:20, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> 0.5.55 here also. Looks like it's time for an upgrade...
>>
>> Unfortunately, so much has happened here recently I'm not sure if that's
>> going to occur much before December. Rats.
>
> How are you installing things? Source or package manager?
>
> Installing from source should only take a few minutes to
> build/test/install - a package manager much less (of course, this
> assumes up-to-date packages are available for your chosen distro).

I mentioned in another message to this thread that I discovered I had, in fact,
installed 0.5.58 a while back (source). The OS I have on that machine, Mandriva
2010.0, only supplies 0.5.55 (package).

As I mentioned elsewhere, it seems that there is a problem whereby the tarball
only installs into $PREFIX/local/bin whereas init.d files don't have that in
their path so I was picking up the wrong version. I manually edited the Makefile
and rebuilt it so all is now (apparently) well.

Fibromyalgia; wife recently had a heart bypass; water coming up through the
(concrete) kitchen floor; TV expired last Wednesday, more. I really want my
mythtv installation to have a low profile till the new year, when I might have
time to work on it. Other things have priority just now.

--

Mike Perkins