[mythtv-users] DVB - W5 (4DTV) & KU/C-Band Question

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Mon Oct 18 15:50:41 UTC 2010

> As a regular reader, he just wanted to give you the answers right away
> thereby making sure it doens't end up in a long thread about it's legal
> here, it's illegal there...

Fair enough... cept for saying that I won't be getting any help trying to break encryption.
Never once asked that, asked if there was an alternative to the crummy old Motorola box that my provider might not be aware of.

Then there is a mention of smart cards and softcams... what the heck is a softcam? I know of video conf cams, but I'm sure this isn't what is meant.

 ... a bit over the top since I didn't ask about any of those things.