[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD-PVR MythTV setup

Jeff Cranmer jeff at lotussevencars.com
Tue Oct 19 00:50:38 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 19:37 -0500, Greg Oliver wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 7:15 PM, Jeff Cranmer <jeff at lotussevencars.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 09:46 +0100, Liam Friel wrote:
> >> Have you run mythtv-setup to tell it where the channels are?
> >>
> > I did that, and I also ran mythfilldatabase to populate the channel
> > guide.  I can view the guide, and it is fully populated, but I can't
> > view TV without the 'failed to find channel' error.
>
> Do you have /bin/true (or something similar) in the channel change
> script entry in mythtv-setup?  Without something in the channel change
> option, it will not try to tune anything.  Even if lirc is not setup
> and it is really not changing channels on anything, it will activate
> the hdpvr, which will in turn display whaever is currently feeding
> your hdpvr.
>
> -Greg

Yep.  /bin/true is in the channel change script entry in mythtv-setup.
That's what is confusing me about this, as I too would have thought that
the TV would display even without the channel changer setup.

The PVR definitely works, as I can display the PVR signal using vlc, but
it craps out when I try it from mythTV, even after power cycling both
the PC and the PVR.

I saw another post that indicated a similar problem due to a corrupt
database.  I guess I could delete the database and re-initialise it.