[mythtv-users] MythTV .24 Release Candidate 1 Now Available!

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 19:23:34 UTC 2010

On 19 October 2010 01:57, Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just in time for holiday television specials, cold winter nights, and
> impressing all of your friends and family when they visit, the first
> Release Candidate for MythTV 0.24 is now available.
<snip/>

> (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.24)

excellent work everyone who has been involved; I spent a good while
reading all the changes and there are quite a significant number. I am
especially looking forward to the mythui for
on-screen-display-overlay, higher quality sound with simplified
configuration and a general cleanup of the setup screens.

I am firing up a VM now to have a play... but I really need to work
out how to setup a proper test system here. Upgrading your live box to
a version with a service affecting issue may reduce the
significant-other acceptance factor ;-)