[mythtv-users] Dual MCE USB2 blasters

Mike Bennett mbppg at comcast.net
Wed Oct 20 03:18:43 UTC 2010

  Okay I have to MCE USB2 blasters blasting on three comcast DTA100 via
the IR direct cables from the blaster port to the IR port of the DTA. At
one point this was all work but know only the DTA's on the first blaster
are working. I have both lirc0 and lirc1 listed when a do a ls -l
/dev/lirc* and I also hahve lircd0 and lircd1 with both pid's when I
look at ls -l /var/run/lirc. My issues if I try to execute an "irsend -d
lircd1 send_once DTA 3" or "./chan-ch3 DTA 3" I get an error could not
connect to socket, No such file or directory shown below. I have also
tried stopping and restarting the lirc daemon with the same results.

[mythtv at myth lirc]$ ls -l /dev/lirc*
crw-rw---- 1 root root 249, 0 2010-10-19 20:41 /dev/lirc0
crw-rw---- 1 root root 249, 1 2010-10-19 20:41 /dev/lirc1
[mythtv at myth lirc]$ cd /var/run/lirc
[mythtv at myth lirc]$ ls
lircd  lircd1  lircd1.pid  lircd.pid
[mythtv at myth lirc]$ cd /home/mythtv
[mythtv at myth ~]$ irsend -d lircd1 send_once DTA 3
irsend: could not connect to socket
irsend: No such file or directory
[mythtv at myth ~]$ ./chan-ch3.sh 5
irsend: could not connect to socket
irsend: No such file or directory
irsend: could not connect to socket
irsend: No such file or directory
[mythtv at myth ~]$

I can use the first two channel change scripts on the first blaster fine
without errors, it is just on the second blast first IR port. This used
to work and I have swapped cables and the MCE USB2 blasters and the same
problem. Any ideas on what is going on?

--
Regards,

Mike Bennett