[mythtv-users] Swapping PCI cards kills X

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Wed Oct 20 14:21:04 UTC 2010

> I have and use the HVR-1600 card.  Its connected like this:
>
> Motorola DCT-700 Set Top Box ('To TV/VCR' Output) ->
> RG-6 Cable ->
> HVR-1600 Tuner ('TV' connector)
>
> If that's what you have (other than the STB brand,) then please
> ignore the A/V jack.
> If this isn't what you have, I suggest you reply with a layout
> like the one above.

There is one question I've been wanting to ask you about this setup Bill.
In my box, the only two cards I have are the nvidia and the 1600. Because the nvidia takes up so much space, I don't have the space to put another card in such as one of the pvr-500 cards I bought.

So the question is, would there be a benefit in using one of my low power blades with a pvr-500 and having a backend or would I be better off using the 1600's input capabilities?
At the moment, I can't recall if the 1600 can capture and record from atsc at the same time, that would be about the only possible loss I can imagine I guess.

Mike