[mythtv-users] v4l Drivers

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Wed Oct 20 20:54:55 UTC 2010

> The parameter to pass to aplay -D is "front:CARD=Audio,DEV=0" without
> the "ALSA:" at the beginning.

Thanks Jason. I'll give that a try. I removed the USB based adapter and have enabled the built in audio card again.

[root at my10 ~]# aplay -l
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC662 rev1 Digital [ALC662 rev1 Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
[root at my10 ~]#
[root at my10 ~]# aplay -L
default
front:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC662 rev1 Analog
    Front speakers
surround40:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC662 rev1 Analog
surround41:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC662 rev1 Analog
surround50:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC662 rev1 Analog
surround51:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC662 rev1 Analog
surround71:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC662 rev1 Analog
iec958:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC662 rev1 Digital
    IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output

I only have the regular analog output connected in testing this at the moment.

Am I using it correctly this time? I'm wanting to output via the regular analog speaker output on the card.

aplay -D front:CARD=Intel,DEV=0 Front_Left.wav
aplay: main:654: audio open error: Device or resource busy