[mythtv-users] Cheap Remote and blaster

John Haywood john at jhit.com.au
Thu Oct 21 04:58:08 UTC 2010

--
This message written on an iPhone at a bus stop or train station. Please excuse brevity and/or typos

On 21/10/2010, at 3:10 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

>>> Is this an example of the first-gen transceiver?
>>> It lists as HP Part Number 464961-001
>>> http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130443083130#ht_5785w
>>> t_907
>>>
>>> (Not easy to find the working ones here in Australia which have been listed
>>> in this thread)
>>
>> The remote looks a little different from the one I bought (which works), the transceiver unit looks similar, but it's hard
>> to tell without seeing all sides.
>>
>> The HP number is also different, and the word "Vista" and "2005" would indicate it's not the original, the original ones
>> were for use with XP MCE.
>>
>> Jarod would know much better than I would, but I'd guess it's not the original, and may be what I have with a different
>> remote. HP may have used several different types of remotes, that's pretty common.
>
> The first-gen one I've got says:
>
> HP P/N: 5187-2503
>
>> So I'd say there is no guarantee it will work for you, but there's a pretty good chance it would, or could be made to work
>> with minor adjustments.
>
> Agreed.
>
> --
> Jarod Wilson
> jarod at wilsonet.com

Encouraging news - we'll soon find out as I've ordered one. For 18 buckies, best offer, I'll be test bunny!

I already have a question, though :) There is a remote, a usb receiver and an ir emitter. What does an ir emitter do and where does it plug in?

Cheers