[mythtv-users] Zotac D510 ION barebones on Newegg 2010-10-21

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Oct 21 13:33:35 UTC 2010

On Thursday, October 21, 2010 07:16:10 am Steven Adeff wrote:
> One of todays "Shell Shockers" (I love their play on words promotions)
> Available from 10:00AM - 12:59PM PT 10/21/10
>
> Zotac ZBOX HD-ID11-U Intel Atom D510 NM10 Chipset 1 x 200Pin Next-Gen
> NVIDIA ION GPU Mini / Booksize Barebone System
> $169.99 After $30 MIR
>
> I use the Atom 330 model in my bedroom as a mythfrontend running
> Mythbuntu and it works GREAT (even plays recordings from my newly set
> up HDPVR without hiccup). It supports both audio over HDMI and it has
> an SPDIF output, plus wireless built-in.
>
> here's a link to the product:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856173005&Tpk=zotac%2
> 0zbox%20hd-id11-u
>
> and here's a link to the deal for when it becomes active:
> http://e.newegg.com/servlet/cc6?gLmkQWWDQCSVklLNLQHKLMMxnuHptQJhuVaVUWVXLX
>
> all you need is some cheap RAM and a SATA laptop drive or SSD.

Or you could netboot it.

BTW, that second link was for a Samsung SSD.

$169 is in fact a great price, though I have heard stories of major problems getting MIRs from NewEgg. Usually I just stay
away from any MIR deal, and stick with vendors who don't engage in that sort of crappy marketing.

But for that price...

Several people seem to think it's overly loud, though someone says the latest BIOS fixes that.

If I didn't already have a Revo I'd jump on this, assuming the $169 price actually materializes.