[mythtv-users] Mac Mini as Frontend?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Oct 21 16:26:46 UTC 2010

On Thursday, October 21, 2010 10:04:51 am Jurgen Kramer wrote:

> My suggestions is, if you really want HD and a mini, go for a mini which
> has Nvidia Geforce graphics. I am using two (1x 2009 model, 1x 2010
> model) both running Linux. Utterly silent. I do not use the internal
> optical drives. The downside is their price...
> I think the OS X version of Mythfrontend cannot/does not use the VDPAU
> capabilities of the GPU and is therefore less usable for HD.

Thanks, that's the sort of info I was looking for.

I figure if I'm seeing the Intel models now, the nVidia units should start showing up on the refurb market soon.

nVidia has been the graphics provider of choice for Myth systems for as long as I can remember, so it make sense it would
be the way to go for any hardware.