[mythtv-users] Mac Mini as Frontend?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Oct 21 17:38:24 UTC 2010

On Thursday, October 21, 2010 11:28:13 am Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 10/21/2010 13:25, Matt Emmott wrote:
> > I believe these have mini-pciE slots for the wireless cards, which you
> > could replace with a CrystalHD decoder once the support in MythTV
> > matures. It appears that it will be supported in 0.24 as an
> > experimental feature.
>
> You're still stuck with that garbage GMA950.  You won't be able to run
> the OpenGL painter or renderer, which are heavily recommended over Xv.

So waiting to see if refurbed nVidia Minis come on the market is probably the way to go?

There are still plenty of ION options available for far less than even the refurbed Minis, but the Minis have a nice form
factor, an optical drive and are quiet.

Too many choices, too little time.

Thanks for the input.