[mythtv-users] Mac Mini as Frontend?

David Liana dliana.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 22:04:00 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> I run (K)ubuntu on a G4 iBook and it works quite well, but I doubt that the
> Radeon 9xxx graphics would be of any use with
> Myth. I'm not even sure if Myth could be ported to the G4, or it it's
> already been done.

I've run MythTV about a year and a half ago under Gentoo on a PowerBook G4
12" with a 1.0GHz CPU and Nvidia GeForce 5200 graphics.  This was the pits
as far as graphics goes - only open source drivers for Nvidia, no binary
ones.  But it (barely?) worked though for SD - there was some tearing
though, but certainly watchable.