[mythtv-users] Harmony 700?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 22:28:25 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Joe <jfwd at phlobus.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 12:25 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
>> On 10/22/2010 12:15, Joe wrote:
>>>
>>> A particularly irritating example is our Sony Bravia's input selection
>>> menu
>>
>> Bravias don't have buttons to go to each of the inputs?
>
> The "canned" setup that logitech had for the bravia did include
> direct-select buttons, but they didn't work for me.  Would be ideal if
> they did, but this TV does not respond to those buttons.  The original
> remote does not have them either, so I assumed direct select must only
> be a feature on the higher end models (this is only a 32").   This TV
> has a lot of other quirks too - it's pretty picky about resolutions.
> Getting it to work with Myth has been painful at best.

So do all the Harmony remotes do that annoying thing where they have
"actions" like "Watch TV" or "Watch a DVD" that it forces you to use
or do some treat you like an adult and let you do things manually?

I think the one my dad got was a 600 series model and we both were
pulling our hair out to get it to treat us like adults. He returned it
and neither of us have looked at the Harmony line since.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!