[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 10.10 upgrade broke VDPAU

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Mon Oct 25 04:15:03 UTC 2010

> No.
> the nvidia video drivers do not include the vdpau libraries anymore.
>
> You need to install the libvdpau package separately.
>
> JY

Jean-Yves,

Really? I'm just going by what it says here:-

http://packages.ubuntu.com/maverick/misc/nvidia-current

i.e. "NVIDIA binary Xorg driver, kernel module and VDPAU library". I couldn't find a libvdpau package for maverick. There's nvidia-185-libvdpau, but it's contents are minimal:-

/usr/share/doc/nvidia-185-libvdpau/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-185-libvdpau/copyright

It says it's a "transitional" package and can be "removed after the installation is complete."

Cheers,

Jon