[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 10.10 upgrade broke VDPAU

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 08:42:51 UTC 2010

Hi

On 25 October 2010 15:15, Jon Whitear <jon at whitear.org> wrote:
> Jean-Yves,
>
> Really? I'm just going by what it says here:-
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/maverick/misc/nvidia-current
>
> i.e. "NVIDIA binary Xorg driver, kernel module and VDPAU library". I couldn't find a libvdpau package for maverick. There's nvidia-185-libvdpau, but it's contents are minimal:-

nvidia drivers only contain the "drivers" that includes the vdpau
driver libraries. MythTV doesn't link directly against those
libraries.

The VDPAU generic libraries are found in the package libvdpau1

Normally mythtv should have dependencies on that package.

> /usr/share/doc/nvidia-185-libvdpau/changelog.Debian.gz
> /usr/share/doc/nvidia-185-libvdpau/copyright
>
> It says it's a "transitional" package and can be "removed after the installation is complete."

before (and including) nvidia 185.xx ; the VDPAU libraries used to be
found with the nvidia drivers ; not anymore.