[mythtv-users] mythtv and judder free playback

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 01:39:51 UTC 2010

Hi

On 26 October 2010 03:34, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe the part of problem is nvidia drivers do not (by default)
> report the correct frequency in xrandr.
>
> For me I believe 50 Hz is reported and that really means 85 Hz on my
> CRT monitor.

This is irrelevant for MythTV ; those are "TwinView" xrandr values,
and mythtv supports those and will properly retrieve the correct
value.

e.g. it "knows" that the 50Hz entry is in fact 85Hz.

The issue is that xorg.conf was set with a list of refresh rate that
the TV doesn't support. Either you don't touch xorg.conf at all and
only rely on the values provided by the TV, or you manually configure
the refresh rates in xorg.conf , but only put there the ones you know
your TV supports.