[mythtv-users] DisplaySize = Full ?

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Tue Oct 26 02:13:48 UTC 2010

> I will be corrected if I am wrong, but I think the ideal resolution
> for NTSC would be 720x480 (but I live in PAL land). However your
> hardware may not like that resolution - try it and see,
>
> 800x600 may also look OK, this can be very hardware (andcombinations
> of hardware) dependent - try a few and see what looks best.

I didn't think it would be that high, in fact, even 640x480 sounds high for SD.
On the other hand, I do have old video editing monitors which are S-Video that I believe are somewhere in the 720x480 range.

> First step is probably to run xrandr in a terminal and see what
> resolutions it lists.

I get 640x480 as a max res. Thing is, the VGA is connected to a scan converter so I'm not sure how it's deciding that.
I'll have to test by using a higher resolution on the scan converter connected to an S-Video monitor, see what I get.

Thanks.