[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Recordings Randomly Breaking

Diego Torres torres.diego at ttcpl.com.au
Tue Oct 26 02:14:22 UTC 2010

> Two 0.21 FE/BE combos, each in different owner's homes in the
> Comcast market in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  Each box has it's own HD
> Homerun for recordings.
> On 10/16/2010, after many months of flawless HD Homerun recordings,
> both boxes inexplicably began 'recording' 0-byte files from the
> HDHomeRuns.
> On 10/23/2010, both systems' HD Homeruns went back to recording
> without issue.  Both system owners were away from home from
> 10/10/2010 through 10/24/2010, so no changes, reboots, or other
> actions were taken on either system before or during this problem.
> Only the lone cat-sitter reported that watching LiveTV (via the HD
> Homerun) worked fine during this period.

I have the DBV-T version of the HDHR and recently started experiencing
similar problems. Some of my favourite shows started to randomly show
up with B on the size.
I have been away on and off for the past three weeks so I thought it
may be a space problem and didn't give it a second thought until last
night.

I was trying to setup a recording schedule for a new show via mythweb
when I noticed that in the Possible Conficts section it was showing
more programs than I actually have tuners.
The reason for this was that I had a few old recording schedules with
"Record on any channel" which had not been recording anything because
the programs ceased to be aired.

A few months ago a couple of the local stations started airing
different programming on channels that had been simulcast up until
then. So when they started transmitting re-runs of the shows in my
then dormant recording schedules all hell broke loose. I ended up with
cases where it was trying to record 7 shows with 4 tuners...

The fix:... delete recording schedules of the re-runs...

Diego