[mythtv-users] DVB-T bug when recording multiple programs on the same multiplex?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Oct 26 21:22:27 UTC 2010

On 26/10/10 21:49, William Uther wrote:
>> Message: 12
>> Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 15:19:08 +0100
>> From: John Pilkington<J.Pilk at tesco.net>
>>
>> On 26/10/10 12:47, William Uther wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>    I have a weird issue that I wanted to ask about before possibly filing a bug report.  I have two DVB-T tuners.  Each is set up to record up to two programs if they're on the same multiplex.  This gives me four virtual tuners, 1 and 2 are on adaptor0 and 3 and 4 are on adaptor1.
>>>
>> You don't say what release you're running or how you set up the
>> schedule.  Might be useful.
>
> I am running 0.23.0+fixes from ubuntu 10.04.  The bug has been present since the ability to record multiple programs from the same multiplex appeared (in Karmic from memory - not sure which Myth version).
>
> I set up the schedule by going to the program finder and asking Myth to record those programs... but I suspect I'm missing something in that question.
>
>> What do you see in 'Upcoming Recordings'?  That shows the cardid, and
>> you can try changing preferences using 'Schedule Options', accessible by
>> 'e' from the keyboard.
>
> I gave the cardIDs - the recordings alternate between cards 1 and 2, which are both on adaptor0.  Um, what preferences should I change in the schedule?  I'm perfectly happy with the schedule.  I'm not happy with the fact that it doesn't record, but that isn't a problem with the schedule.  If I tweaked things to use two separate adaptors then it would work, but I don't know how to do that, and that would only fixing the symptoms in this instance.  I would like to fix the underlying problem.

Yes, I realised that you had given the cardids just before I hit 'send',
but I left it in because I thought it might be a problem that someone
else might hit.  I doubt that many people are seeing your effect,
because they all expect multirec to work and more would probably shout
loudly if it didn't.

I suggest that in 'Schedule Options' you try changing 'Use any available
input' to 'Prefer Input 3' or 'Prefer Input 4' etc as you would like it
to be, and see what happens.  If it works like that you may be happy.
Otherwise I suggest deleting all your tuners and setting them up again -
or seeing if you get any other suggestions :-)

>> Do you know which cardid (virtual tuner) is assigned to each adapter?
>
> yes - as noted originally, both the cardids in that schedule are on adaptor0.

>> think you can use udev to control this definitively, but you can also
>> control it by the order in which you set up the cards and their options
>> in mythtvsetup.
>
> Why?  What am I trying to achieve by changing this?

Just what you want: getting your view of the card assignments to
coincide with Myth's.  Good luck!