[mythtv-users] Changing recording priorities based on time of day

Paul Brett mythtv at neotextus.org
Wed Oct 27 03:01:38 UTC 2010

> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 11:48:23PM +0100, Keith Edmunds wrote:
>> I don't, but if you set the priorities for day and dump the database,
>> then
>> repeat for night, you can compare the two and write the appropriate SQL
>> statement for each of two cronjobs.
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html#Custom Priority
>
> David
> --
> David Engel
> david at istwok.net

Thanks for your help - custom priority did the trick, using this setup:

mysql> select cardinput, recpriority from cardinput\G
    cardinputid: 1
    recpriority: 0
*************************** 2. row ***************************
    cardinputid: 2
    recpriority: 1
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from powerpriority\G
priorityname: Time of day
 recpriority: 2
selectclause: (cardinput.cardinputid=1) and
((hour(program.starttime)=23) or (hour(program.starttime)<7))
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

-- Paul