[mythtv-users] Strange scheduling behavior: duplicate events in "Upcoming Recordings" in MythWeb

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Thu Oct 28 15:14:47 UTC 2010

On 10/28/2010 07:10 AM, David Engel wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:04:50PM -0600, E. Westbrook wrote:
>> I got two simultaneous "Meet The Press" recordings from my HD-PVR.
>> ("Reliable Sources" recorded at the same time on my PVR-350.)  I have been
>> investigating it myself and considering asking about it here when I deemed
>> myself stumped -- but I've only just started looking into it.
>
> Are you sure you didn't mean HDHR instaed of HD-PVR?  You shouldn't be
> able to use multirec on an HD-PVR.
>
>> I do have multirec set for two inputs on the HD-PVR, but listings showed
>> different programs on the two channels from this broadcaster at that time.
>> Odd, either way, I think.
>>
>> The recordings appear in mythfrontend as well as mythweb.  I can play them
>> both start to finish.  One is two minutes longer than the other, oddly
>> enough, but otherwise they are both full copies of the broadcast.
>>
>> Will share any further observations I can upon request.
>
> I need the output from "mythbackend --testsched -v schedule" or the
> master backend log with "-v schedule" enabled.
>
> David

I'll be happy to oblige as soon as you tell me how to do either one. I'm not sure how to stop & start the backend since it is
started automatically, and the last time I tried to add stuff to the backend command line, I was unable to find the correct
place to put it and put it in the wrong place.

I just checked again, and my system is still screwed up, but now its going to record two copies of "House" instead of "The
Event", and no I have not messed with anything that would have changed the schedule, I have updated the system again though.

Mon Nov 8, 2010
  	Cable HDHR 0 	HDHouse: Office Politics 	2.1 - KTVU-TV 	Mon Nov 8, 2010 (07:55 PM) 	1 hr 10 mins 	Don't Record 	Never Record
  	Cable HDHR 0 	HDHouse: Office Politics 	2.1 - KTVU-TV 	Mon Nov 8, 2010 (07:55 PM) 	1 hr 10 mins 	Don't Record 	Never Record
  	Cable HDHR 1 	HDThe Event 	11.1 - KNTV-HD 	Mon Nov 8, 2010 (08:55 PM) 	1 hr 10 mins 	Don't Record 	Never Record
  	Cable HDHR 0 	HDCastle: Murder Most Fowl 	7.1 - KGO-HD 	Mon Nov 8, 2010 (09:56 PM) 	1 hr 9 mins 	Don't Record 	Never Record