[mythtv-users] Screenshots for metadata issue

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Oct 28 17:11:21 UTC 2010

  On 10/28/2010 08:59 AM, Jim Morton wrote:
> I've a few shows that JAMU doesn't get fan art for. So I checked
> thetvdb.com and sure enough there isn't any there. So I thought I'd
> get some screen shots and use those instead.
>
> This is the problem - when watching a recording, I pause it, then grab
> a screenshot, and it is blank. There seems to be 2 ways to get a
> screen shot. First is to hit the "PrntScr" key and up pops a save box
> allowing me to name and save it. This seems to be outside of Myth. The
> other way is to use Alt-P (which I configured in Keybindings) and that
> names and saves in the "screen shot directory" as defined in Myth. I'd
> guess this is the built in Myth way. These are blank also.
>
> I can get good screenshots of the menus using either method but not of
> a show being watched. What's the deal here???
>
> branches/release-0-23-fixes [s25362]

There are 2 different in-MythTV approaches to getting screen shots.  The
SCREENSHOT key binding and the ScreenShot jump point.  They have
different behaviors.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/theming/392813#392813

Note, also, that the SCREENSHOT key binding--which will always work,
regardless of video renderer--will cause a UI lock up on 0.22+ or so.
You seem to be using the jump point, which only works with some
renderers, but would actually show anything on screen (captions, menu,

Mike