[mythtv-users] Question about switching from cable to satellite

Jim Morton Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com
Fri Oct 29 11:17:28 UTC 2010

On 10/28/2010 11:08 PM, Adam Jimerson wrote:
> Does the type of TV tuner being used matter when switching from cable to
> satellite?  I currently I have WinTv 950Q and would like to know if
> switching like that would make it useless or not.  If I need a new tuner
> can people here give recommendations on some that are MythTv and Linux
> friendly?

The HDPVR seems to be best bet for capturing from satellite boxes.
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html

and most definitely read this -
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_HD-PVR