[mythtv-users] Summary of external channel changing help

Andy andy at csizma.org
Fri Oct 29 15:44:33 UTC 2010

Thanks for both responces - The problem was indeed that the
channel/frequency was empty.

Is there a cunning way(or script) to syncronise the channel frequency with
channel number or do I have to enter it manual?

Thanks again for excellent help!

Andy

On 27 October 2010 01:23, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 26 October 2010 21:30, Andy <andy at csizma.org> wrote:
> > Hi people
> > I'm using mythbuntu(0.23) 10.04 using an external Ir Changer. I have had
> > work with the last ubuntu install as it seems that mythbuntu is no longer
> > sending the script
> > I've search online and there seems to be a lot of old advice, some which
> is
> >  applicable - Could people recommend to me some of the better posts as
> I've
> > run out of ideas ...
> > So far I know
> >
> > The script is excuting with the right permission/path
> > There is no channel being passed to the script from mythtv
> > My channels numbers and names are set up correctly in mythtv.(if i
> disable
> > the change channel command, the channel information is correct
> > and correlates with the information which should be there
>
> The digits sent to any channel changer script are those stored in the
> frequency field for the relevant channel(s). As you stated that the
> numbers are not being passed to the script, a simple first check is to
> ensure these values still exist (you can check using the channel
> editor in mythtv-setup).
>
> The channel changing scripts have been moved to the MythTV wiki, so if
> you are missing the script you should be able to download a fresh copy
> from there.
>
> Cheers,
> Nick
>
> --
> Nick Morrott
>
> MythTV Official wiki: http://mythtv.org/wiki/
>
> "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." - Benjamin
> Franklin

Andy Cheesman
Skype: vancheese
Blog http://sammandandy.blogspot.com