[mythtv-users] mythbackend crashes every 6-7 hours

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 12:10:47 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 7:04 AM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 6:57 AM, Rob Verduijn <rob.verduijn at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Hunting for very obscure ram memmory flaws sounds like a ghost chase to me.
>> So I'll classify that one under gut feelings and assumptions and
>> therefore won't waste time on it.
>> (Even if I had any spare ram, which I don't)
>>
>> But the valgrind suggestion sounds like a more reasoning aproach to me.
>> Do you have a link to a howto, because I'm not really familiar with valgrind.
>> I will get on it as soon as I figure out what valgrind is and how to use it.

Like was said though, it is highly unlikely a software issue since
nothing has changed.  It does not have to be bad memory as you know
for a hardware issue to cause this.  After valgrind, I would suggest
what others have - a stress test of sorts..  It really sounds like
something is failing in the machine.